How do I accomplish the message “Be Here Now” which seems to meet me with each new day, following me around every bend or corner, and targets me from all considered angles? I should know this lesson better than most and yet feel challenged when asked how to make it happen. I want to be good at living life in the present. I am finding it takes mountains of effort.
These are my daily commitments:
- Be Still – Take at least five minutes a day to reflect or relax the mind (Try reading for five minutes before going to bed. If it’s impossible to sit still try letting hot water run over me a little longer than usual in the shower.)
- Make it Through the Moment – Instead of worrying about the day, work to move through the next hour, the next half hour; better yet the next minute.
- Offer My Best – Offer all I have even if on some days that feels like very little.
- Focus on Abundance – Provide myself daily with one thought that proves abundance exists in my life.
- Share Abundance – Each day share one little piece of myself, my time or my talents with someone else.
- Be Blessed – In the darker moments, thank God for his work in me.
- Be Present – Ask myself, if tomorrow I left to meet God, what would I focus on in this moment to prepare my heart.