“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”. Philippians 4:13
Many have written or called this week with encouragement. Their messages strengthen me. This must be the concept of the “body of Christ” at work. I want to keep record of some of the encouraging words:
- Jennifer, I know how important this series of events in September is to you and can only hope and pray we can honor Shawn and lovingly help you navigate yet one more milestone along your journey of grieving and healing. The children look so happy-you can be sure Shawn is extremely proud! You are doing a fabulous job of keeping it all together regardless of how insane it must feel during various moments, days and weeks. Nothing but compliments to you. God bless and thank you for inviting me and my family to participate!
- Shawn would be proud of where you are and proud of where you are going.
- I was thinking the other night that sometimes I don’t think people realize the depth of God’s love until they are in the depths of complete chaos. I sure didn’t. As always, I guess we’re all sort of "works in progress". Take care.
- Many have heard your story, like a pebble in the pond. Shawn’s life and legacy are touching many. You don’t know how many you have touched. You don’t know how far the ripples go. You have made us aware. I was blessed to be at the funeral. You have taught me about love and not to take a day for granted. This is the kind of love I want to pass down to my children and grandchildren. Nothing is wasted in God’s kingdom unless we choose to waste it. Instead of choosing a lifetime of pity through this sudden and tragic loss you have decided to walk into a new arena. God is gifting the world with your willingness to share Shawn. You are loved by many.
- The road to success is not straight. There is a curve called Failure, a loop called Confusion, speed bumps called Friends, red lights called Enemies, caution lights called Family. You will have flats called Jobs. But, if you have a spare called Determination, an engine called Perseverance, insurance called Faith, a driver called Jesus, you will make it to a place called Success.