“Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” —Howard Thurman
The more I read about healing, study healing or hear stories of people in the trenches of healing, there is a common theme that runs strong–you have to get up and move. You have to find something you love, even if you feel there is nothing left to love. The truth is there is much to experience and savor and be joyful about.
Here are some of mine within the last 48 hours:
- Sitting by my laptop eating a bowl of cinnamon Life cereal
- Picking fresh blueberries yesterday morning for breakfast
- Eating blueberries till my tongue turned bluish-purple
- Talking to my sister on the phone
- Hearing my kids giggle about putting a mouse down mama's pants (okay, that joy has its limits)
- Taking an extremely hot bath and using a new face masque
- Going on an hour long bike ride and pretending to be chased by a bear
- Finding out my book helped a widow that recently lost her husband to cancer and is left with four children
- Going to bed early
Make a list. Come alive. The world needs you.